Kawasaki Frontale 4 - 2 JEF United
Still undefeated! And by god we’ve only gone and won a match! This was a fun game to watch. Well the first half was anyway. The second was a bit of a snooze fest. It’s great to finally get a win and hopefully this will give everyone a bit more confidence. We’ve got another game fast approaching so I’ll keep this relatively brief.
It’s interesting to see that once again we have Yahiro Hasebe in charge of the team. Much like when Hasebe joined, in this match we seemed to be playing with the goal of scoring as many as possible and not worrying too much about conceding as long as we kept scoring. Of course this all changed in the second half but I guess that was to be expected. The early injury to Romanic was a bit of a weird one. I didn’t know what had happened at the time and checking the coverage hasn’t helped me get any closer to knowing. Also there doesn’t seem to have been anything mentioned in any post match comments. But then again, I haven’t read everything. So on came Derik. I wondered if I had ruined his Frontale career before it had started by buying his towel on Wednesday. I can’t really explain why I chose him, I do these kind of things on vibes mainly. On Wednesday he assisted, (admittedly after missing a sitter), and when he was called on unexpectedly early, I wondered if he’d be able to do the business again, this time in a league game. One goal and two assists suggests that he can. He did have to be subbed later on which suggests that maybe he’s not completely up to speed yet. But he did a good job so well done to him. Sasaki had a bit of a mare, particularly with their first goal. He’s maybe not totally fit either but you can’t really use that to explain the first goal which was just totally unbelievable for such a usually reliable player. It was interesting to see Hasebe switch Yamahara and Sasaki around after their second goal. I thought it worked pretty well. After the switch Yamahara looked like he’d just removed a pair of really tight shoes that he’d been wearing since his transfer. Absolute relief and a new found freedom! Hasebe said that both of them can play on either side, but I wonder if we might see Yamahara spending more time on the left in the future. After all, that is where he’s played for most of his career. That does cause a problem as we have Miura in that spot. But then again when Miura came on in this game he was played on the left wing, which might work I guess, particularly as Miyagi is injured for six months (I think it was six months…). Some things for Hasebe to think about, I guess.
I don’t have much to say about JEF. They brought lots of fans so credit to them for that. Erison was back at Todoroki and surprisingly didn’t score. Normally ex-players always seem to do that. (Issaka Zain last time, I think. He wasn’t in the matchday squad this time round). I hope they can sort themselves out a bit as I’d like to see them survive. The fact that we scored four times against them suggests that they have quite a bit to fix at the moment. The ref was from Germany and I don’t have much to say about him either. I was pleased he dished out a yellow card for a dive though. Definitely would like to see more J League refs do that. Maybe they aren’t aware of the law. So this seems to be a blog post very low on whinges. Which really makes a change.
So we won! But let’s not get carried away. Three of our four games have been against teams who have looked like they might be relegation contenders. And we’ve only managed to beat one of them. I wonder if the reason we’ve drawn so many games is because we were denied the… thrill… of draws in the half season so wanted to get that feeling back again. I definitely prefer winning though. Whether that will continue on Wednesday is another matter. I feel like we definitely owe Machida a beating. But to be honest this feeling is based mainly on the fact that I really don’t like them. It will be interesting to see if the Machida wannabe bad boy fans will be allowed to attend on a school night. Also I wonder if those shirtless medieval style centre circle flag wavers will be there. The whole Machida away experience has been quite weird in recent years. I suspect the crowd will be quite small which will be a very welcome thing as it might make the shuttle bus situation better. I don’t particularly want to be stuck up the mini mountain till midnight, waiting for all the people who’ve paid money to jump queue for the shuttle bus. Fingers crossed we’ll have something to enjoy and celebrate whilst we wait.
It’s interesting to see that once again we have Yahiro Hasebe in charge of the team. Much like when Hasebe joined, in this match we seemed to be playing with the goal of scoring as many as possible and not worrying too much about conceding as long as we kept scoring. Of course this all changed in the second half but I guess that was to be expected. The early injury to Romanic was a bit of a weird one. I didn’t know what had happened at the time and checking the coverage hasn’t helped me get any closer to knowing. Also there doesn’t seem to have been anything mentioned in any post match comments. But then again, I haven’t read everything. So on came Derik. I wondered if I had ruined his Frontale career before it had started by buying his towel on Wednesday. I can’t really explain why I chose him, I do these kind of things on vibes mainly. On Wednesday he assisted, (admittedly after missing a sitter), and when he was called on unexpectedly early, I wondered if he’d be able to do the business again, this time in a league game. One goal and two assists suggests that he can. He did have to be subbed later on which suggests that maybe he’s not completely up to speed yet. But he did a good job so well done to him. Sasaki had a bit of a mare, particularly with their first goal. He’s maybe not totally fit either but you can’t really use that to explain the first goal which was just totally unbelievable for such a usually reliable player. It was interesting to see Hasebe switch Yamahara and Sasaki around after their second goal. I thought it worked pretty well. After the switch Yamahara looked like he’d just removed a pair of really tight shoes that he’d been wearing since his transfer. Absolute relief and a new found freedom! Hasebe said that both of them can play on either side, but I wonder if we might see Yamahara spending more time on the left in the future. After all, that is where he’s played for most of his career. That does cause a problem as we have Miura in that spot. But then again when Miura came on in this game he was played on the left wing, which might work I guess, particularly as Miyagi is injured for six months (I think it was six months…). Some things for Hasebe to think about, I guess.
I don’t have much to say about JEF. They brought lots of fans so credit to them for that. Erison was back at Todoroki and surprisingly didn’t score. Normally ex-players always seem to do that. (Issaka Zain last time, I think. He wasn’t in the matchday squad this time round). I hope they can sort themselves out a bit as I’d like to see them survive. The fact that we scored four times against them suggests that they have quite a bit to fix at the moment. The ref was from Germany and I don’t have much to say about him either. I was pleased he dished out a yellow card for a dive though. Definitely would like to see more J League refs do that. Maybe they aren’t aware of the law. So this seems to be a blog post very low on whinges. Which really makes a change.
So we won! But let’s not get carried away. Three of our four games have been against teams who have looked like they might be relegation contenders. And we’ve only managed to beat one of them. I wonder if the reason we’ve drawn so many games is because we were denied the… thrill… of draws in the half season so wanted to get that feeling back again. I definitely prefer winning though. Whether that will continue on Wednesday is another matter. I feel like we definitely owe Machida a beating. But to be honest this feeling is based mainly on the fact that I really don’t like them. It will be interesting to see if the Machida wannabe bad boy fans will be allowed to attend on a school night. Also I wonder if those shirtless medieval style centre circle flag wavers will be there. The whole Machida away experience has been quite weird in recent years. I suspect the crowd will be quite small which will be a very welcome thing as it might make the shuttle bus situation better. I don’t particularly want to be stuck up the mini mountain till midnight, waiting for all the people who’ve paid money to jump queue for the shuttle bus. Fingers crossed we’ll have something to enjoy and celebrate whilst we wait.
Team
GK 49. Svend BRODERSEN
DF 29. YAMAHARA Reon
DF 4. PEDRO ROMANO
DF 3. TANIGUCHI Hiroto
DF 5. SASAKI Asahi
MF 8. TACHIBANADA Kento
MF 6. YAMAMOTO Yuki
MF 17. ITO Tatsuya (Yellow card 13')
MF 14. WAKIZAKA Yasuto
MF 23. MARCINHO
FW 9. Lazar ROMANIC
Subs
GK 1. YAMAGUCHI Louis
DF 2. MATSUNAGANE Yuto
DF 13. MIURA Sota (on for MARCINHO 57')
MF 16. OZEKI Yuto (on for ITO 59')
MF 18. KONNO Kazuya
MF 19. KAWAHARA So (on for YAMAHARA 83')
DF 28. MARUYAMA Yuichi (on for PEDRO ROMANO 83')
FW 36. HONMA Rin (Yellow card 87') (on for DERIK LACERDA 57')
FW 97. DERIK LACERDA (on for ROMANIC 6')
Man of the match
DERIK LACERDA - One goal and two assists. Nothing else to say really.
Goals
DERIK LACERDA (Frontale) 10' 1-0
TANAKA (JEF) 26' 1-1
ITO (Frontale) 37' 2-1
TANAKA (JEF) 38' 2-2
MARCINHO (Frontale) 42' 3-2
WAKIZAKA (Frontale) 45+3' 4-2
DERIK LACERDA (Frontale) 10' 1-0
TANAKA (JEF) 26' 1-1
ITO (Frontale) 37' 2-1
TANAKA (JEF) 38' 2-2
MARCINHO (Frontale) 42' 3-2
WAKIZAKA (Frontale) 45+3' 4-2





No comments:
Post a Comment