Friday 15 April 2022

Vs Ulsan Hyundai 15/4/22 ACL Group stage match 1


Kawasaki Frontale 1 - 1 Ulsan Hyundai

Of course I couldn’t go to this game and had to watch it on DAZN. Therefore this post will be free from detail or insight and extremely thrown together. More than usual to be honest, as this was a very hard watch. Perhaps I shouldn’t have consumed so much alcohol mid-afternoon to celebrate completing the process of renewing my visa. Perhaps if I hadn’t done so I may have been able to concentrate a bit more on the game. But to be honest, I think it would have been hard for anyone to get any real enjoyment out of this game which really should have finished 0-0. Ulsan did a bit better in the first half. We did a bit better in the second. We were hamstrung but a total lack of ideas as we have been for most of 2022. As I don’t know much about Ulsan I won’t try and guess what was holding them back. All in all this was a dull, dull game. At least from my point of view. My notes are so slight that if I did bullet points in this post, the bullet points would mostly probably just be a sentence each, so instead I will quick fire them out in this paragraph and be done with it. Oniki stuck with the team that beat Kashiwa in what at the time felt like an exciting performance but on reflection might have just looked like it because the preceding two games had been so bad. Who would have thought that moving from 4-3-3 to 4-2-1-3 in the previous game and then to 4-2-3-1 in this one would have blunted further our already pretty blunt attack? Apparently we switched back to 4-3-3 in the second half but to be honest this is all just theoretically moving numbers around as there was no real change in shape or tactics again. And even though we had more shots and most of them were on target, we only really tested their keeper on a couple of occasions. Their goal looked like it was perhaps offside and definitely was a handball but there’s no VAR in this tournament and I will never say that I wish there was. Our goal was apparently due to an elbow on their keeper if he is to be believed, but seeing as no-one was near him, it seems that he was just trying to spare his blushes after dropping an absolute clanger after making a few good saves. To get my other boring points out of the way, Damiao missed a really good chance, we wore our away kit even though it was supposedly our ‘home’ game, and the ref blew up early for half time. Did I miss anything? Well, maybe you could say I missed the last two hours of my life which I’ll never get back and am unlikely to ever look back on with any kind of enthusiasm. But yeah, I thought it would probably be a draw before the game and that was both what happened and what both teams probably deserved, and it was kind of fun to get that draw with a last minute equaliser. Even if it came from an opposition player basically saying to us, ‘here’s the ball, have a shot at this open goal’. We’re still shite this year, and still we’re endeavouring to elevate our shiteness further whenever it comes to taking part in the continental competition. Next up, on paper an easier game against Guangzhou’s kids but one which I’m sure we’ll still labour through. What joy! Go Frontale!
 
Team 
 
GK 1. Sung-Ryong JUNG
DF 13. YAMANE Miki
DF 31. YAMAMURA Kazuya
DF 5. TANIGUCHI Shogo
DF 15. SASAKI Asahi
MF 6. JOAO SCHMIDT
MF 8. TACHIBANADA Kento
MF 19. TONO Daiya
FW 41. IENAGA Akihiro
FW 9. LEANDRO DAMIAO
FW 23. MARCINHO

Subs
GK 27. TANNO Kenta
MF 3. TSUKAGAWA Koki
DF 7. KURUMAYA Shintaro (on for YAMAMURA 69')
FW 11. KOBAYASHI Yu (on for LEANDRO DAMIAO 80')
MF 14. WAKIZAKA Yasuto (on for TONO 62')
MF 16. SEKO Tatsuki
MF 17. KOZUKA Kazuki
FW 20. CHINEN Kei (on for TACHIBANADA 69')
FW 24. MIYAGI Ten (on for MARCINHO 69')
DF 29. TAKAI Kouta
 
Goals
 
LEONARDO (Ulsan) 21' 0-1
KURUMAYA (Frontale) 90+4' 1-1

Highlights
 

No comments:

Post a Comment