Monday 21 September 2020

Vs Urawa Reds (away) 20/9/20 - J League match 17

Urawa Reds 0 - 3 Kawasaki Frontale

I always say I’ll keep these posts brief but this time it will really be brief as I watched this game after quite a few beers and already can’t remember much. Another win! I had a feeling we might slip up given that Cerezo had lost and it was therefore a great opportunity to extend our lead a bit. But win we did, even if it was against an Urawa team who clearly must have been getting results several levels above their performances so far this season judging by this outing. They really didn't offer much at all with only one shot on target I think. But I guess I shouldn’t be so negative. We’ve been playing well so far so our wins might not always be down to the opposition not playing well. Whichever way you look at it, this was a very welcome win and a somewhat rare clean sheet too. Plenty to be optimistic about. If only I could remember what those positives were. I’m going to throw all of my limited notes into one paragraph and be done with it. So, here we go!


Taniguchi was back and did a decent job. Nobori too. Morita is still going in the anchor role and also seems to be doing well I think. One slightly worrying aspect of this game was that Oshima seems to have picked up an injury. But given that he walked off the pitch maybe it’s not so bad. Fingers crossed. My notes say ‘make a joke about the atmosphere at the Saitama Stadium being better than usual even though it’s under corona conditions’ so consider that done. I felt that our shooting was a bit off in general but the stats say that almost half the shots were on target. Guess they were pretty soft. Sato was pretty kind to Urawa I thought. We had a definite penalty turned away and there were some Urawa fouls that really deserved yellows I thought. And Leonardo is an angry young man. He reminds me a bit of Olunga in that he seems unhappy if the ball doesn’t come exactly where he wants it so he can score. It didn’t and therefore he didn’t. Lovely! It’s great that our big money player Leandro Damiao doesn’t behave at all like that. Yamane’s finish was beautiful but slightly undermined later on by him absolutely skying an easier chance. But let’s forget that and focus on the very nice goal. Kobayashi and Leandro Damiao both scored again. Both were pretty easy finishes but you’ve got to be in the right place I guess. I wish I hadn’t drunk so much before I watched this game. I’m sorry. I’ve let you all down...


Next up Yokohama FC at home on Wednesday and then Shonan away next Sunday. On paper, both ‘easier’ games but with our record against ‘easier’ teams in mind, both eminently loseable. Fingers crossed. And fingers crossed for plenty more goals. We’re on target for 100 goals scored in a season. I really hope we can keep that pace going as it would be a lovely touché to all the praise that was heaped on YFM recently. Am I still bitter? You bet I am! Go Frontale!


Team 


GK 1. Sung-Ryong JUNG 

DF 13. YAMANE Miki 

DF 4. JESIEL (Yellow card 36')

DF 5. TANIGUCHI Shogo

DF 2. NOBORIZATO Kyohei 

MF 6. MORITA Hidemasa

MF 8. WAKIZAKA Yasuto

MF 10. OSHIMA Ryota

FW 41. IENAGA Akihiro 

FW 11. KOBAYASHI Yu

FW 19. SAITO Manabu


Subs

GK 27. TANNO Kenta 

DF 7. KURUMAYA Shintaro (on for NOBORIZATO 89') 

FW 9. LEANDRO DAMIAO (on for KOBAYASHI 72') 

MF 14. NAKAMURA Kengo

FW 20. MIYASHIRO Taisei (on for SAITO 89') (Yellow card 90+4')

MF 25. TANAKA Ao (on for OSHIMA 45') 

FW 30. HATATE Reo (on for WAKIZAKA 72') 



My Frontale Man Of The Match


Alcohol before the game doesn’t make for either deep or razor sharp analysis so we’ll have to go with gut feeling on this one...


IENAGA Akihiro - remember thinking on a few occasions that he was playing well. That’s about as in depth as your going to get. Sorry!



Goals

YAMANE (Frontale) 37' 0-1
KOBAYASHI (Frontale) 50' 0-2
LEANDRO DAMIAO (Frontale) 90+2' 0-3


Highlights

No comments:

Post a Comment