Sunday 30 June 2019

Vs Jubilo Iwata (away) 30/6/19 - J League match 17

Jubilo Iwata 1 - 3 Kawasaki Frontale

I didn’t attend this match, hence the speed of the post going up and the general lack of detail. I watched it on DAZN but I don’t feel that me writing lengthy blog posts about games I watched on TV does anyone any good, so this will be short. We won, thankfully, and stopped this run of awful 1-1 draws. But to be honest, the performance didn’t seem that much better and the scoreline probably flattered us a little. If Jubilo hadn’t been so wasteful in front of goal and Sung-Ryong hadn’t made a lot of good saves in the first half, this would have been a lot closer. Still we are persisting with Kurumaya at right back. I can’t imagine anyone apart from Oniki thinks this is a good idea and I’ve heard rumors that Maguinho is off back to Brazil this summer. Who can blame him? I guess that leaves us with Mawatari and Suzuki who I believe are both injured at the moment. Kurumaya had a decent game though, but I don’t want to say too much about that because it undermines my moaning about Oniki. Before we get carried away about scoring three times we should remember that Kobayashi did his best to put it straight in the keeper’s hands and avoid scoring, but once again an opposition keeper seemed to be doing his best to avoid stopping it. Obviously I'm pleased he scored though as confidence will do him good. Our other goals came in fast breaks as Jubilo pushed forward to try and get back in the game. We only had five shots in the whole game, despite dominating possession. We weren’t that great, but Jubilo were pretty wasteful and it looks like they are in big trouble. Their manager has now resigned, so once again, losing a game to the reigning champions has been the final straw for a manager’s job. You’ve got to think that after our last few results though, maybe anyone who can’t get a 1-1 draw with us clearly isn’t doing the right thing. Oh, and that was another late late goal we’ve conceded so that’s something else for me to whinge about and presumably now makes it a more frequent than once every four matches thing. That’ll do for this post I think. We’ve got an Emperor’s Cup game on Wednesday which I’m really looking forward to. I hope we can get a chance to see some players who aren’t getting a look in. We might even get someone playing at right back who isn’t Kurumaya! After that, it’s home against Sagan Tosu next weekend. 

Team

GK 1. Sung-Ryong JUNG
DF 7. KURUMAYA Shintaro
DF 5. TANIGUCHI Shogo
DF 4. JESIEL (Yellow card 72')
DF 2. NOBORIZATO Kyohei (Yellow card 85'')
MF 10. OSHIMA Ryota
MF 25. TANAKA Ao
MF 41. IENAGA Akihiro
MF 28. WAKIZAKA Yasuto
MF 16. HASEGAWA Tatsuya
FW 11. KOBAYASHI Yu

Subs
GK 21. ARAI Shota
MF 8. ABE Hiroyuki (on for WAKIZAKA 66')
FW 9. LEANDRO DAMIAO
MF 19. SAITO Manabu (on for HASEGAWA 73')
FW 20. CHINEN Kei (on for KOBAYASHI 87')
MF 22. SHIMODA Hokuto
MF 34. YAMAMURA Kazuya

Goals
KOBAYASHI (Frontale) 29' 0-1
WAKIZAKA (Frontale) 50' 0-2
CHINEN (Frontale) 90' 0-3
UEHARA (Jubilo) 95' 1-3


Highlights

No comments:

Post a Comment